Position: Machinery Inspection Engineer
Department: Engineering Division.
Location: Due to the fact that we are National there is flexibility as to where the engineer is based.
- In-depth mechanical knowledge of a wide range of agricultural equipment.
- Competent operator of a wide range of agricultural lifting equipment ranging from telescopic handlers and forklift trucks to excavators.
- Ideally from a farming background with a genuine interest in agriculture.
- Focused on delivering a professional service to farming businesses.
Main task of job
- Perform on-farm machinery inspections.
- Liaise with F&M account executives within the insurance division.
- Add value to Health and Safety practices on farm.
- Ensure farms comply with the HSE’s requirements with regard to machinery certification.
- We cover England, Scotland and Wales, consequently travelling long distances is unavoidable, at times requiring overnight stays.
Who would this position suit?
- A qualified agricultural or plant engineer or a competent tractor driver/machinery operator with good mechanical knowledge.
- A capable person who has the ability to work on own and use own initiative, but also able to work as part of a team.
- Methodical approach with general IT skills to operate engineering inspection system.
We are prepared to consider many differing skill sets from applicants and we appreciate that our induction and training process must cover gaps in knowledge. Therefore we are prepared to tailor our training to suit all levels ranging from a trainee engineer to a highly skilled engineer.
Salary – negotiable dependent upon experience.
Farmers & Mercantile Insurance Brokers Ltd was established in 1996 and has a proven record of success. We are part of the Lycetts Group employing approx 250 staff looking after premium income circa £100 million.
Our company has experienced steady growth over the last 18 years; therefore we are well practised at managing a sustainable pace of expansion. These tools have proven very effective and today we find ourselves in a position to recruit again. The most important factor for F&M is – THE RIGHT PERSON, SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO DELIVER OUR COMPANY ETHOS.
The day-to-day life of a Farmers & Mercantile employee is busy; we look after clients throughout England, Scotland and Wales from our 4 branches in Northamptonshire, Shropshire, Yorkshire and Ayrshire. Customer service is paramount; we make sure that our clients are provided with excellent service – relationships must be strong.
Interested in applying for this position? Please send a covering letter and CV to: Mrs A Wellings, Farmers & Mercantile Insurance Brokers Ltd, Thistledown Barn, 204 Holcot Lane, Sywell, Northamptonshire. NN6 0BG or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you wish to speak to someone please call Alex on 01604 782782.