Arable Insurance covers you and your farm for:
- Cover for your inputs (seed, fertiliser and chemicals) included automatically as part of the cover on your arable crops at no extra cost.
- Cover on crops on a loss of income basis, which means that your crops are insured for their future market value and not the spot price on the day of the loss.
- Competitive rates, that are exclusive to Farmers and Mercantile, for large tractors and combines that cost up to £400,000
- Whole farm contracting and share farming included as standard.
- Agricultural contracting (our definition is individual operations on different farms i.e. mowing, baling, ploughing, drilling, combining etc) can be easily accommodated on our policies.
- All vehicles including cars, commercial vehicle and agricultural vehicles and implements can be covered on a single vehicle fleet, one policy, one renewal
- Additional cost of working cover is available, this means that in the event of a tractor, combine, machinery or drier fire insurers will pay the full cost of hiring in a replacement machine to help keep the harvest moving.